Buzz with love
Hi! I’m a medical student who is a strong believer in seeing the glass half full. I’ve been on the positive train for a few years now and I work on living a life full of love and abundance, but my last blog name- brokemessymedstudent- really didn’t show that. I’ll still write about what I’m doing to fix my messiness and I’ll continue to blog about my frugal tips as well, but I’d like to expand to more- talking about what matters in life!
Live a noble life. Discover your joys. Pursue your passions. Be so full of love that you can’t help but buzz with it.
So for today, the first of my new blog, I want to share an important activity. Gabby Bernstein (who I’ll probably refer to a lot) talks about how important it is to just say what you’re grateful for. So today, I’d just like to name 5 (otherwise I wouldn’t get off the computer until evening time):
– my people. There are too many to list without taking up pages of text but for now, my grandmother- who inspired me to change my blog name, my brother- who is so tuned into the beauty of life in literature and music without even knowing it, and my boyfriend- who just helps me be me.
– my dog. She gets her own bullet point. Piper singlehandedly has done so much good for me. When I graduated college and was trying to cope with the changes in my life, I got her as a puppy. She helped me through my year of living at home, of moving on from ended relationships, and of refinding my joy. At med school she was a constant reminder of the good stuff in life- we’d go for walks and hikes, she’d greet me at the door every day, and she’d snuggle up next to me and live in the moment of getting pets.
– my car. I love, Love, LOVE my 97 Jeep. It holds anything and everything I need, it’s really comfortable and it’s the first car I’ve bought mostly on my own (okay, I bought half…thanks Mom and Dad!). The car just feels right for me- it gets me up to the mountains to go skiing, I can put Piper in the back and not worry about it getting trashed, and I love that it’s not super new or super nice.
– my new house! My boyfriend, another classmate and I just moved into a new townhouse. It’s perfect for us- 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms, a nice living room with a gas fireplace, an open dining room/kitchen, and a gas stove for cooking. There’s also a backyard that needs some work but it’s a good size and has a lot of potential!
– turning 25! I’m finally a quarter century! I’ve made some birthday resolutions (including for 25 to be the best year yet) and I’ll definitely blog about those more later.
Wow, I feel amazing after writing all that! Now off to surgery!